Saturday, January 28, 2012

Updates About Megan


Megan's profile was recently updated on the Reece's Rainbow website as well as a new picture! We're very excited to learn more about Megan and to see a more recent picture.

I have to be honest, when I first read through the new info, my heart ached for her. Her health profile is not as positive as in the past. I know that the years of living in an orphanage and not having a mommy and daddy taking care of her has taken a toll.

The other piece of new info is that she has been transferred to an institution. I'm not aware of the specifics on this, but from the update, it sounds like it's not a good situation at all.

I read her new updates a few days ago so I've had some time to think this over. I felt a little down at first, but after really thinking about it, I know that all will work out for the best. We will continue to share Megan's story and I know there are many others doing the same. I feel comfort every time Brynlee, my 6 year old says a prayer. She always remembers to ask Heavenly Father to please help Megan and Eli find their family. Andrea and I continue to pray not just for Megan and Eli to find a family but that they will be safe in their current circumstances.

Here's the new info listed under her profile on Reece's Rainbow:

UPDATE, January 2012:  Sadly, we will not be able to get anymore photos of Megan.  She has already been transferred to the institution, not a good one.  However, we were able to get more thorough medical information about her, and she REALLY needs a family. 

FROM HER MEDICAL RECORDS:  Down Syndrome, mental deficiency, deformation of musculoskeletal system, day and night enuresis (incontinence), strabismus, farsightedness, Atrial septal defect, anomaly of aortal mitral valve, delay in physioligic development.

PLEASE HELP US FIND A FAMILY FOR MEGAN, She has nearly a full grant for her adoption.  Single moms welcome.  Families should be home study approved to commit for her now that she has been transferred.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

I was so sad to hear this information about Megan. :-( With a nearly full grant you would think someone would come forward for her. Perhaps there is a family working toward a completed home study so that they can commit. I hope so. Sweet girl needs a home. Thank you for all that you have done for her, and hopefully it is just a matter of time before we see her on My Family Found Me.