Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa Cause 2.0



In the past, I've written about Angela Redding and her ability to put together events. Last night was another great example of that. Angela had the idea to put together a concert that features a few local artists as well as Tyler Stenson, a fantastic artist based out of Portland. She asked if it would be alright if RODS Racing was the featured cause. What a great idea!

The evening was great.  Before the event, Andrea and I went to dinner with our good friends the Tueller's.  We got to know Mike and Aubrey last year when their daughter was born and they found out she has Down syndrome.  The Tueller's were the family that introduced us to Reece's Rainbow.  We had around 200 people in attendance and everyone was very encouraging and supportive.  I took a moment in between artists to share the RODS Racing story and tell about the great year we've had.  I absolutely love getting to share this story.  Every time I do I feel even more committed to making sure that we are doing everything in our power to make sure these kids find a home as soon as possible. 



Tyler was up next and he did what Tyler does best.  Entertain.  I've been to a few of his concerts over the years.  In fact I have a few of his songs on my Ironman training playlist.  In his music he does a great job of telling the story.  It's very genuine and original and I'm thankful he was willing to take some time to come to Boise. 

Special thanks to Howell Orthodontics for the donation to RODS Racing tonight as well.  For each person in attendance, $1 was donated! 



No comments: