Wednesday, March 7, 2012

RODS Racing

A major focus recently has been developing our racing team, RODS Racing, to help promote Reece's Rainbow and Maggie, our chosen orphan to race for this season.  I'm happy to report that with the help of incredible team members, we are making great progress! 

As you may have seen under the racing tab, we currently have 8 members of the RODS Racing Team (Racing for Orphans with Down Syndrome).  Our first race is only weeks away in Oceanside, California.  The distance is a half Ironman (70.3) and there will be 6 of us wearing the RODS Racing jerseys and a few dozen of our supporters proudly wearing the RODS Racing race T's during race day.  We are finalizing the printing of hundreds of 3x5 cards that we plan to hand out during the week of the race.  These cards explain about our team and most importantly, the cause that we are racing for. 

We are over a third of the way to our goal of reaching $10,000 donated towards Maggie's adoption account.  I've been humbled and amazed at the generosity of so many who have come forward to donate to Maggie.  I've always believed that we become our best selves when we focus on serving others.  I've been blessed to get to observe others willingness to sacrifice and serve on Maggie's behalf the last few weeks.  Thank you for your example and selfless service! 

Training for these races and in particular the big race, Ironman St. George, has really gone to another level for me.  When the alarm goes off at 4:15am on Tuesday's and Thursday's to go swim it's not as difficult to force myself out of bed.  Pushing through the last 10 miles of a 6 hour bike ride is something I willingly do because I know the efforts being made are going to bring Maggie that much closer to finding her Forever Family.  It is an honor for me to get to do this on her behalf!  I look forward to the day when I get to meet Maggie and her new family.  That day will be a great victory for the One Step Closer To Home and RODS Racing family! 

1 comment:

Amy P said...

the more i read, the more impressed I am! It's awesome Brady. Best of luck!